Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fashiony Things I Love Right Now

DUDES!  So rarely are the Twin Cities mentioned in national fashion mags, I feel every article deserves notice.  Especially if said article references one of my all-time favorite fashion bloggers.  And Glamour Magazine for the month of March (available in February, natch) does both.

A.  They highlight some of the cute, and copy-able, "street" fashion you see out and about in the TC.  Bear in mind, magazine content is created MONTHS before publication.  So these brave women are showing off their outfits in subzero weather.  Because we grow them tough in MN, yo.

B.  They quote the uber-fabulous author of Already Pretty, Sally McGraw.  I LOVE HER SO MUCH.  She is the reason why I've been rocking little dresses with major boots all winter long.  We all have our fashion influences and mine are Sally, Kasmira from What I Wore Today, Erin (yeah, you know I totally love her name) from Work With What You've Got, and my Gramma Mac.  Because her style was epic and I love her so much, too.

However, today's title says fashiony thingsssssS.  As in plural stuff.  And the other thing I'm loving on right now is this website here - http://www.onestopplus.com/.  That's right, a clothing website full of trendy and affordable clothes for PLUS SIZED PEEPS ONLY.  Yes, it deserves the caps lock.

I have to give a shout out to Glamour Magazine, once again, for mentioning this site in an article about go-to dresses for all sizes (shades of Sally, I know).  They featured the cutest pinky-beige drapey dress for $69 - one which several of my buddies would love.  Attention aforementioned buddies:  get thee to this web site toot sweet.

As for the site itself?  They've got clothes, shoes, lingerie, accessories, stuff for the bigger man, and a clearance section.  You can imagine (if you know my other blog persona) how I swoon over a clearance section.

So if you haven't already, pick up the March edition of Glamour, follow Already Pretty, and shop at OneStopPlus.com.  Thus ends my bossing around of you.

Never fear!  I'll have an outfit and the scary bits in tomorrow's Friday the (not) 13th post.

No comments:

Post a Comment