Monday, October 10, 2011

I Am Haunted By Dresses

To exorcise the evil and violent Ghosts of Dresses Past, I am compelled to by adorable, well-fitting, inexpensive dresses wherever I find them.  Makes sense, yes?  YES.  If I don't buy the cute dresses, they'll hunt me down in roving, ravenous packs and EAT MY BRAINS.*

Whatever.  I like dresses, and I'm going to keep on buying them, as long as they cost less than $15, like this one:


It looks cute coming.  And going:


I found this beauty hanging out on the discard rack at Savers (ALWAYS check the discard rack at thrift stores, peeps).  Apparently, it had not fit the person who first found it.  Which is a shame as it is so of-the-season (tres Mad Man, no?), and new.  As in, still-had-the-tags-and-spare-buttons-attached new.

Ah well, their loss is my inexpensive gain!  I styled this up fairly simple - just boots and silver hoops.  I didn't want to distract from the dress's clean lines and vavoom shape.  I feel so Joan in it!  Albeit, less boobular endowed.  And blonde.


Dress, Merona brand from Target via Saver's ($12.99!)
Earrings, Silver mod hoops (trust me, they're in there - tho buried by my hairs) gift from my Mom
Boots, Circa Joan & David bought on sale at Macy's 6 years ago

*Remember, if you do encounter roving, ravenous packs of ANYTHING, take cover from an elevated position and aim for the head.  Words to live by.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! Cute cheap dresses FTW. I love the sleeves on that dress. My rule is often cute-sleeved dresses.. within reasonable price. My reasonable price is occasionally more than $15 if I know the brand is worth it.

    Head and heart are always the best targets (provided you can tell where both those are).

    ReplyDelete