Monday, July 11, 2011

It's All About The Props

As I've mentioned before, I love costuming.  Love, love, love it.  And the best part about the wearing o'costumes?  The props.  If for no other reason, they give you something to do with your hands.  Idle hands are the devil's playthings...


I could totally bean the devil - or drunk, obnoxious Ren Festers - on the head with this thing.  It's my new walking cane.  You might see a curtain rod/finial, but trust me:



Once I create a handle/grip by wrapping the top part of the rod in leather, this baby will be ready to roll.  Or walk, as the case may be.  I just wish I could find a shoe-shaped finial.  How cute would that be?  And so appropriate for a walking cane.


Do you like props?  Accessories?  Are they YOUR favorite part of getting dressed or dressed up?  And, why aren't walking canes more popular?  These are the questions that keep me up from my nap...

It's Like I'm Gandalf:
Walking cane/curtain rod - Joann Fabric, clearance for just $3.50
Black cardigan - Marshall's
Plaid dress - Saver's
Black sandals - c/o Famous Footwear (my first and only wearable freebie)

2 comments:

  1. Adorable sandals.

    I made the coolest fake sniper rifle for Jon's cosplay one year. It was made of wood and PVC pipe. I spray painted, and weathered it myself. Of course it got trashed at the con and I didn't even get a picture of it. Booo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand.
    My favorite prop... hmmm... there are many! Maybe I'll post a picture or two when I get the time.
    The very favorite is probably my sword, though.

    ReplyDelete