Friday, July 15, 2011

Casual Wednesdays

Wednesdays are often my day off during a seven-day period.  I teach a lot on the weekends, I have office meetings Mondays and Fridays, and I'm on TV Tuesdays and Thursdays.  So Wednesday is my day to play.  Or rather, do an assload of chores.  Whatever.

Wednesday is also my day to wear whatever the heck I want.  And this Wednesday, I wanted to wear the following:


My under-utilized, army-green tunic.  Under-utilized because it wrinkles a ton and it's snug around my booty.  Also, according the photo above, it makes my legs look stumpy.  Maybe it's the camera angle...



That's better.  I may look like a dork, but at least I'm not all Stumpy McGee.  I'm also basking in the sunshine in this photo.  I should have basked more - it's been raining since Thursday morning.  *sigh*

Note the footwear.  These shoes used to be my go-to summer sandal, until I had a realization.  They make my flat, duck-like feet look even more flat and duck-like.  I should be paddling around in a pond somewhere.  However.  Look at the shiny!  Silver leather sandals can flatten my feet any day.



Keeping It Casual:
Army-green tunic shirt, Filene's Basement in Chicago ($15!)
Blue and white patterned tank top, hand-me-down from my bestie Heather
Cut-off jeans, Saver's cut off by me
Silver leather sandals, Target (2008?)

1 comment:

  1. Cute tunic! I actually just thrifted a similar vest/shirt thing. I was going to wear it for military/femme day but decided against. The sandals are really cute. I don't think you look stumpy at all.

    I do think that flat shoes make everyone's feet look wide/flat. Mine included, and I have high arches.

    As for the Harry Potter, the movie was great, I loved the books - probably because there was a lot of reality to them. I fell in the love with the characters and feel like I'm grieving over a person at the end of this epic series. For a fandom I've been apart of for the better part of a decade, it's been a great ride.

    ReplyDelete