Thursday, September 1, 2011

At Least I'm Covered

GAH.  These last few days (weeks?) have been hectic as can be, thanks to the Great MN Get-Together.  Which is also known as our State Fair.  The MN State Fair is more than just your average Joe Schmoe fair.  It is a FAIR of EPIC PROPORTIONS.  And I do my Fox 9 segments out there, thus sucking up copious amounts of time that could otherwise be spent blogging about what I'm wearing.

It's also Ren Fest season in MN, so if I'm not at the Fair, I'm at the Fest.  Or sewing for the Fest.  Or DRIVING TO THE FEST GAHWHYISITSOFARAWAY??????  Ehem.  Moving on.

So here.  Here's what my bestie and I wore last weekend to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival.  Please bear in mind that I am in no way period appropriate.  And that I in no way give a flying hoo-hah about that.


On Me:
Black straw Elizabethan top hat with red trim, La Paloma Hats from the Bristol Ren Faire 2010
White chemise, sewn by me
Red collared short bodice, patterned and sewn by me
Black flocked (!) pants, Savers and modified by me
Black boots, Payless
Red shot silk scarf, MNRF 2010

On Laura:
The Elenora gown mock-up #2, pattern by Margo Anderson, cut out by Laura and I, sewn by Laura.  White linen fabric with brown and gold pattern.  Trimmed with gold beading and gold piping.
Coif (in the back, you can't really see it), sewn by Laura

And here is our My Space Face photo.  Because... yeah.


I'll post pictures of real clothing soon.  Promise.  Maybe.  We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Awww you two look so cute in your garb! I hope you're having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your picture of the two of you! You look like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete